There is no doubt that weight loss is perhaps one of the most sought-after topics in this generation. In one way or another, you may consider losing weight.
The most compelling reasons for venturing into weight loss are either recommendations by your doctor or for aesthetic purposes like looking good.
Regardless of the circumstances, losing weight requires a lot of effort, dedication and consistency to start noticing results.
There are quite a few factors to determine how long it takes to see weight loss results. But when do people usually notice weight loss?
With most weight loss diet plans, you should notice some results within 1 to 2 weeks. Here are factors which determine the time it takes to notice weight loss:
1. Starting size
Most people actually start considering weight loss when they are already obese.
In some cases, non-obese individuals who want to be extra petite may also want to lose weight.
Initially, obese people lose a lot of fat, though they may not notice it at the start. Non-obese people, on the other hand, are more likely to notice results.
2. Type of diet
In weight loss, exercise only contributes to about 20% of the results. The remaining 80% depends on your diet. To kickstart your weight loss regime, apply food restrictions within the first week.
Depending on the diet plan you choose, it is during this first-week period that you can lose as much as five pounds. This huge change in body weight is easily noticeable, and results are different if you don’t adhere to a particular diet plan.
3. How often you weigh yourself
People venture into weight loss for a variety of reasons. Some want to fit into a particular clothing size, change the appearance of specific body parts or prevent the risk of developing heart disease.
Irrespective of the reason, you may feel the urge to weigh yourself often. However, most scales cannot pick out minor changes.
If you are not consistent, you may fail to notice that you have lost a significant amount of weight until your clothes start to fit.
You should not weigh yourself frequently but wait for a considerable duration of 1 to 2 weeks before weighing yourself.
When it comes to weight loss, each person has different results.
The best slimming treatment in Singapore that works for one person may not necessarily work for another person.
Besides, there are several factors to determine how long it takes for you to start noticing weight loss. This means that the answer to the question of how long, is not definite. It can be shorter for some people and longer for other people.
It is always advised to consider getting yourself a coach or a personal trainer for your weight loss program. Although you could do it on your own, the results are far much easier to achieve if you are trained by a professional.