How To Choose A Healthy And Effective Weight-Loss Program
If you are planning to lose weight but don’t know how and where to start, then you’re starting it off right. First off, you are not alone, there are many people like you who want to shed that extra weight, and are not sure where to begin. There are many weight loss programs out there, but know that not every single one is suitable for you. It’s important to know your health, body, and tolerance levels to identify the best programs for you.
Your doctor can help you with selecting the best weight loss treatment. They may also tell you about the lifestyle changes you need to make.
So, where do you start?
To begin with, talk to your doctor. Tell them about your weight issues. Before you visit your doctor make sure you prepare yourself well. Jot down the list of questions you want to ask them. Some of these questions could be;
- Ask them what type of physical activity you should engage yourself in.
- Ask them what foods should you eat and what foods you should avoid.
- Do not forget to mention the supplements and vitamins or medicines that you take. If you followed any weight loss diet in the past, mention them too. It is essential for you to mention to your doctor about your eating and drinking habits.
- Are you active enough? If, not tell your doctor.
Your doctor might check your BMI. For an overweight person, the BMI is between 25- 30. Anything more than 30 is considered to be obese and is unhealthy. If your doctor feels you need to lose weight, they may ask you to visit a dietician or may recommend a weight loss treatment suitable for you.
Remember, do not sign up for any program before talking to your doctor before that. If you are unsure about anything, don’t hesitate to ask questions. So, what are the questions you need to ask?
- What is the best BMI for you?
- Will shedding weight help you get more active?
- Is it possible that you suffer from a medical condition that is making losing weight difficult for you?
- What exercise should you follow?
- Are there any specific foods you should avoid or eat to remain a healthy weight?
Jot down any other questions that come to your mind. Remember getting the right weight loss treatment is important for shedding the right amount of weight. There are many different types of weight loss programs available, but not all of them are for you. One thing I should be highlighting is that please don’t go on crash diets as they produce disastrous results. It is always a wise decision to visit a doctor before you engage in any weight loss program.