A Beginner’s Step-By-Step Guide To Working Out Effectively
Starting a workout routine is one of the best things you can do for your physical and mental health. Physical activity offers several benefits to your body such as reducing the risk of serious diseases, improving your balance and coordination, overall weight loss and increasing your self-esteem!
Regular exercise doesn’t just help you lose weight and stay fit but also protects your body from falling ill. However, this process is not as easy as it sounds: it requires a lot of determination, hard work, and discipline. If you’re considering starting your journey to a fit and healthier lifestyle, check out this step-by-step guide to creating an effective workout routine!
Step 1: Determine your fitness level
Assessing and recording your baseline fitness scores can help you come up with a better routine and how to measure your progress. To evaluate your cardio and muscular fitness, body composition and flexibility, try recording these certain factors:
- Your pulse rate before and after walking a mile
- Duration of how long it took you to walk a mile
- Number of pushups you can do in one minute
- Your waist circumference
- Your body mass index (BMI)
- Length of your forward reach while seated on the floor
Step 2: Plan your fitness program
It’s easy to say that you’ll exercise every day, but planning a program that you will stick to is more important as a beginner. As you design your plan, remember these points:
- Think about your fitness goals – Decide why you want to follow a fitness goal – is it to lose weight or prepare for an event? Setting a goal can help you check your progress and stay on track.
- Plan a balanced routine – Create a balanced routine to give your body time to rest. Alternate between moderate and intense workout sessions or split your workouts according to specific areas to focus on: for example, Abs + Legs or Chest + Shoulders.
- Start slow and progress slowly – If you’re a total beginner to working out regularly, start slow and avoid pushing yourself too hard. You can work to enhance your routine when you begin to see little progress or when your weight starts to plateau.
- Allow time for recovery – Some people start exercising by working out intensely for long periods and give up when their muscles start to feel sore. A healthy workout program includes time to rest and recover in between.
- Write it down – Writing down your routines and goals is one of the best ways to encourage yourself to stay on track.
Step 3: Prepare the necessary equipment
You probably want to start with buying athletic shoes – make sure you choose the shoes that are designed for the specific activity you have in mind. The fun part about working out is that there are a plethora of exercises and tools to try – find one that provides the right balance of fun and intensity! Lastly, you might also want to consider using fitness applications for smartphone devices to track your progress and calories burned.
Step 4: Monitor your progress
Monitor your progress after six weeks to see how far you’ve come! It generally takes about 4-8 weeks to start seeing results, so don’t lose hope if you aren’t seeing significant changes yet!
As you check your progress, you may notice that you need to adjust the intensity and switch up your routine from time to time to continue improving. If you don’t find any progress or lose the motivation to continue, set new goals or try out new routines!
If you are struggling to come up with a fitness program or stick with it, you are not alone! A huge number of people find it challenging to create a diet program and workout routine, and the discipline to follow a schedule.
If you wish to reach your body goals but have yet to see any progress – try including TCM slimming into your routine! Here at Slim Couture, we utilise traditional Chinese medicine methods in our weight loss programs to perfectly complement your current workout routine and boost your natural metabolism to help you shed those extra pounds safely and effectively!